Dr. Syed Minhaj ul Hassan is Professor of History at the Department of History, University of Peshawar, Peshawar, Pakistan. He is also currently holding the responsibility of Chairmanship of the same department. Dr. Minhaj has a long experience in teaching, research and administrative fields. He has contributed number of articles to HEC recognized journals besides contributing chapters to many edited books. His focus of research is Pakhtoons' History, culture and politics and Pakistan's History since 1947, both internal developments and foreign policy. Dr. Minhaj has also participated and presented papers in many national and international conferences at home and abroad. Following are few of his published articles:
- “Politics of Suppression: Babara Incident, A Historic Appraisal” 2007.
- “Muslim League Politics in NWFP: Abdul Qaiyum Khan versus Pir of Manki Sharif”, 2006.
- “TNSM and Taliban Islamic Movement: Old Problems and new Challenges”, 2006.
- “Pakistan-India Relations in 21st Century: A Futuristic View”, 2005.
- “Tribal Areas of the N-WFP: Politics of Survival” , 2005.
- "Abdul Qaiyum Khan’s Policy Towards Khudai Khidmatgars as Chief Minister of N-WFP (1947-53)”, 2005.